San Diego Bay Parade of Lights 2011
Click Here for “San Diego Christmas Lights.”
San Diego Boat Parade
No place like Southern California offers so many Christmas boat parades. Here in San Diego County the main event is the San Diego Bay Parade of Lights. The San Diego Bay Parade of Lights is on December 11 and December 18th. Fireworks begin at 5:30 and the Parade of Lights starts immediately after the end of the fireworks. Parade last until approximately 9:30 pm. If you have a boat that you would like to enter, entry fee is $40. Get boat parade entry form.
The parade takes approximately one hour to one and a half hours to pass any given point along the parade route. The approximate arrival time of the parade at various locations are:
- Shelter Island (start of parade) – 5:30pm
- Harbor Island – 6pm
- The Embarcadero – 6:30pm
- Seaport Village – 7pm
- Ferry Landing on Coronado – 7:30pm
A more detailed parade routing is shown below the photo.
- Start Time: 5:30 P.M. for Light Parade. Led by US Coast Guard Cutter.South end to north end of Shelter Island.
- North end Shelter Island across America’s Cup Harbor entrance to west end Harbor Island
- West end Harbor Island to east end of Harbor Island.
- East end Harbor Island to just west of Maritime Museum’s ferry Berkeley.
- Pass Berkeley and Star of India.
- Parallel the Embarcadero to the “G” St. Mole.
- Pass Seaport Village and the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina.
- Past Marina Park, turn south. Cross Bay to the Marriott Coronado Hotel.
- Proceed west to the Coronado Ferry Landing.
- Proceed to Finish at buoy 22a.
Another popular parade in our area is the Mission Bay Parade of Lights – 12/10/2011.
Mission Bay Parade of Lights
More than 60,000 people are expected at San Diego’s Mission Bay Park on Saturday, December 10 at 7 PM for the annual Mission Bay Christmas Parade of Lights followed with a fantastic firework display at 9:00 p.m. This free, distinctly California celebration features boats decorated for the holiday season that will sail around Mission Bay starting from the Quivira Basin area. A highly anticipated event in the San Diego community, more than 100 vessels take to the water for the parade. The best viewing is from Riviera Shores, Crown Point, Santa Clara Point, the east side of Vacation Island and west side of Fiesta Island.
San Diego’s North County Coast
Due to the hilly terrain of the beach towns along San Diego’s North County coast, many residential homes and condos boast of spectacular Ocean views and whitewater views. This location and geography has created the perfect place for spectacular Encinitas ocean view homes, Carlsbad ocean view homes, and Oceanside ocean view homes. San Diego North County is ideally located to offer an impressive selection of ocean view homes for sale. Ocean view real estate ranges from small condos and townhomes with seaside views, to estate-sized properties boasting sweeping vistas of the Pacific Ocean.
Gary Harmon – Your Ocean View Realtor
Gary Harmon, your ocean view Realtor, provides extensive knowledge and experience in assisting home buyers with ocean view homes for sale. Feel free to browse the current inventory of single family homes by clicking on the links above the ocean view photo. If you are looking for condos or townhomes, contact Gary Harmon, and he will do a custom search for you.
See “Carlsbad Christmas.”